Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SMRT Breakdown

I guess the current HOT topic is the SMRT train issues that all started out last week.
Last Wednesday, the circle line was down, it did not affect me at all.
Until the breakdown of North South Line (NSL) on last Thursday, it really affected me and a lot of people.
Reason is NSL is the line that I take almost everyday.

Last Thursday, after my keyboard class, usually I will take 851 back home.
The bus ride took like 1hr for me to reach home.
I didn’t want to take the long ride, so I went to City Hall to take train.
To my surprised, I found out that the train was down.
There are a lot of people gathering at the station and some going to take the shuttle buses.
In the end, I took the circle line to Dhoby Ghaut and then go all the way to Sengkang and take 965 back home.
I am thinking now that fortunately I took the long route because I might get caught in the jam at the town area.
My friend took 2hrs+ to get home from Chinatown (usually 1hr ride).
It’s kinda ridiculous.
It’s no doubt that people will get angry with SMRT.

Back to work yesterday, and I was late by 5 minutes due to the reduced speed of the trains.
I guess I will have the phobia of taking the trains if the train don’t recover soon.
On my way home yesterday, the train suddenly jerked very hard.
For people who didn’t hold the handrail, might fall and it’s really dangerous.
Luckily I was sitting down at that time.
The train ride is also very bumpy as if the train will fall off the tracks.
I am hoping now that the train system will recover as soon as possible.

However, I'm also thinking that Singaporeans really are living in our comfort zone with everything provided for us.
Little things happen; people will blame this and complain that.
We have no natural disasters.
Even a small flood at Orchard would cause a big commotion among the people.
Seriously, we are all fortunate people unlike the other countries or like Thailand who suffers from flood disasters.

No comments: