Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Feel of Chinese New Year?

Few days ago, I wrote in my twitter and FB status that I don’t get the Chinese New Year (CNY) feel for this year.
One of my friends exaggeratedly asks me to go China to get the feel of CNY. -.-"
Other few friends ask me to go Chinatown to get the feel. Haha..
The one who asks me to go China to get the feel; if he sponsors me to go I’ll sure go.

Actually what I meant was CNY used to be an exciting holiday to me but now its not as exciting as before already.
Maybe due to aging…
When I was young, I look forward to CNY every year.
Even though my parents kept my Ang Pows money away and I wasn’t able to spend it, I still look forward to pre-CNY shopping, and then wear new clothes, visiting the relatives and eating Bak Gua.
However, now I don’t really look forward to it anymore.
In fact, I feel embarrass to take Ang Pows from my relatives but still I would like to take cos it’s MONEY.
It’s better to TAKE than GIVE right? (erm.. LOL! Talk about contradicting..)

Anyway, like the past years, I’ll still do visiting at BF’s relatives’ house in the morning and noon then at my relative house at night.
It’s like an every year routine.

This year we are having 4 days straight of long holiday, from Saturday to Tuesday!
This is the only thing that I look forward to. LOLOL!
I didn’t take any extra leaves because I find it a waste.
If I take leaves, I will be rotting at home doing nothing so I might as well coming back to work for 3 days.
I mean come on; it’s just a short week!

I guess I will be expecting more of this no CNY feel from this year onwards. HAHA~

No comments: