Sunday, January 29, 2012

Please Don't Throw The Face Of Us, Singaporean!

I am not sure why do we need the courtesy campaign for if Singaporean don't even know what's the meaning behind of this campaign.
As stated in Wikipedia, this National Courtesy Campaign is to encourage Singaporeans to be more kind and considerate to each other so as to create a pleasant environment for each other to live in.

For what I know, manners should be trained from young by the parents. However even if adult don’t even know how to set a good examples, how can they train their kids to be like one good person?!

I met 2 situations today, on the same day.
Though these 2 incidents don't really affect me much but I just want to voice out.
The first incident was when I'm going to alight from the monorail at Vivocity.
I heard an auntie saying to one of her family member, "Just move out, no need to wait for other people, they will give way".
Don't you think that it’s an inconsiderate thinking of hers?
If everyone thinks this way, I bet there will be a lot of pushing and in worst cases, people might even get injured.
So yes, I am the one giving way to her lah… moreover she was pushing a pram at that time.
I am being the courteous one to give way to her, if I am not, I can just squeeze my way out also what... pfft!

The second incident was when BF and I was dining at Japanese Gourmet Town in Vivocity.
BF took the bottle of chili flakes as he wanted for his bowl of ramen.
Then when he's done using it, he put it on our table.
The auntie behind our table just took it without asking us.
I mean, she can open her mouth and ask if she can take it no?
It's so rude to just take even though the bottle of chili flakes don’t belong to us but it’s put on our table.
What if BF still needs it?
I mean, opening up her mouth to ASK also won’t kill her or make her have less hair what..
I seriously cannot understand what these people are thinking.
What if its tourist and not us, how will they think of us, Singaporean?
Inconsiderate? Rude? Not well-mannered? * insert all the bad adjectives you can think of*
If the auntie is sitting opposite me, I would have stare at her already but she’s sitting beside me.
I only looked at her husband, and I guess the husband should be embarrassed with her wife wrongdoing. Tsk!

I know there are a few people whose aren’t like that but just this handful of troublemakers.
I hope Singaporeans will be more kind to each other.
Why make people angry just to make yourselves happy?
Why not make everyone around you happy?
I feel that making everyone around you happy, you will feel much more happier.

No comments: