Thursday, March 08, 2012

Make It Right For A Better Ride

Being a working adult, I usually travel from my house to my workplace by MRT train.
Actually I know la.. every morning, I know everyone is feeling sleepy and grumpy. I feel the same way too but that doesn’t mean you all cannot play a part and be more courtesy right? Put a smile to brighten your day no? If you do something good, you feel happy, other people feels happy then everyone happy is a good thing right! Hahaha..

So, during the peak hour session, almost every trains are jam packed. Sometimes I do see people standing at the door area but none move inside to the center of the train. It’s so sad. I really cannot understand what these people are thinking?! Is it so hard to move to the center?? Sometimes, I keep missing trains just because I cannot get in the train. Sigh… You don’t want to be late for work, I also don’t want to be late..!

When I got inside the train, sometimes I see some inconsiderate people lying on the handrail. By right the handrail is for us to hold on to in order to prevent us from falling when the train suddenly stops or jerks. It’s not for you people to lie onto!

I would also appreciate if people says “excuse me” in order to let people give them way to move instead of pushing their way out.

Alright, I know I sound agitated for the above but these are what I experienced and how I really feel every time when things happen. D;
I am not saying that everyone is like this. I do have good experiences in the train too!
Sometimes I see people giving up the reserved seats to people who are in need. Actually I feel that even if it’s not a reserved seat, you also can give up to them. A few time ago, I felt unwell and giddy in the train, there are kind souls helping me out and lead me to the seats. I really feel appreciated and really thankful for their help because I am all alone without their help, I don’t know what will happen to me. Sometimes, when I give seat up to people who needs it, I do feel happy because I am doing a good deed.



Out of these 25 poster from on.fb.me/betterride, I choose Song Jia Juan's poster because it's what I feel as you can read from the above.
Actually every poster is like an inner voice from each of the commuters. If everybody plays a part in being more considerate and gracious, I bet our ride, be it the bus ride or the train ride, will be made a pleasant one. :D


Join the “Make It Right For A Better Ride” Twitter contest and stand to win a pair of movie tickets! More details on http://on.fb.me/betterride

No comments: