Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Marukin Ramen Tokyo

I met up with Tommy for dinner earlier.
Its like an almost monthly catching up.
This time, we went to Scotts Square at Orchard to try a ramen.
Unlike the other time whereby we go to neighborhood shopping center for dinner.
Anyway Scotts Square opened not too long ago only and it is located near Far East Plaza.

As you know, in Singapore there's too much competition among the Japanese ramen.
The first ramen that I ever ate is Ajisen ramen and I still quite like it.
Now there's so many stores that sells ramen.
I've tried Santouka Ramen, Ippudo Ramen and Ramen Champion.
Ippudo Ramen is the best that I like now.
And I am waiting to try Marutama Ramen.

So today, the one I tried is Marukin Ramen Tokyo.


To our suprised, the store is not restaurant.
When we were there, we were quite reluctant to try after we see the store but in the end still give it a shot.


Tommy ordered Tsukemen, a dipping noodle dish. (S14.90)
It is topped with chicken chaysu, nitamago, mikurage mushrooms, green onions and sesame with marukin ramen's famed dipping sauce on the side.


And my order is: Tori Dukushi Shoyu (S$13.90)
The bowl of ramen is topped with slices of Chicken Chasyu, Chicken meat balls, a piece of Chicken wing, Kikurage mushrooms, Green Onions and a dash of sesame seeds.

We also ordered a few side dishes like Hiyayakko Chilled Tofu (S$3.90), Edamame (S$3.90) and Chicken Chasyu (S$6.90).


For my Tori Dukushi Shoyu, I like the texture of the noodle as it is not too soft and not too hard, just right.
The meatball is good too.
I love the taste of the chicken broth too.

Overall, it is worth the try.
The price is not very expensive too.
And we got 20% discount because Tommy has JCB card. :O

Marukin Ramen Tokyo
Address: #B1-11/12 Scotts Square, No.6, Scotts Road
Tel: +65 6636 3468

No comments: