Monday, January 07, 2013

Chilling at Jalan Kayu

Decided to go dinner and chilling along Jalan Kayu with Hanisha since we didn't want to go far and Veron last minute didn't want to meet us last Friday.

I've been to Jalan Kayu a few times for their Prata and Selegie Soyabean milk but haven tried other food stores or bars at the place.
To my surprise, the place has quite a few good hangout place!
Shall bring my friends to go there next time. :D

First, we go around the place to look at the menus and then we decide to have dinner at one of the zichar store called 267 Seafood Cafeteria.
The food was surprisingly good even though the store looked pretty normal and only a few uncles sitting at the table drinking and talking. Haha..
For the amount of food that we ordered, it only cost around $24 for 2pax, so I find that its cheap.
I didn't took any photos but I'll still share..
We ordered, 1 claypot tofu for $8, 1 plate of Stingray for $10 and it came quite a big piece and 1 bowl of soup for $4 which came a big bowl that surprised us.
The other $2++ is 2 plate of rice and a can of drinks.
We really had a full dinner which we didn't expect. Haha..

After which, we went to a second place called One Place Western Bistro and Bar.
We decided to chill there because there's good music and the place is quite cosy.
However, my first impression of them wasn't too good because the waitress kinda give an attitude and also kept pushing us on our orders.
I only can guess that she's new or she only knows how to serve guys. Tsk.
Secondly, the first drink I ordered was bourbon coke, because they didn't provide us straw to stir, the drink taste quite weird/bad.
Thirdly, I actually had 1 for 1 bourbon coke but they didn't said until we checked.
Whatever it is, it still didn't spoil the day.
Hanisha and I still had fun camwhoring and catching up that day.






This is our first cup of drinks.
Mine's bourbon coke her's Volka orange, I guess?






We were given a cup of drink each by the bartender.
I ask him why he's giving us, and he told me that he's trying some new ladies' drinks and want some reviews from us.
Therefore I accepted it.
Come to think of it, this is the first time that I accepted drinks from a stranger but I guess he won't spite us since there were so many people around and we were not in a club. LOL~




This was the 2nd drinks that was given to us when we paid our bills.
He just asked if he could made us some drinks again.
This taste nicer and its to my liking.




And this 3rd drink is not a drink but is a jelly added with some soju.
He said this a Japanese brand desserts that he opened from a can.
It taste not bad but I am one who doesn't like jelly stuff but still 硬着头皮 and finish this up since its given.





Thanks to the guy, who I don't know is he the boss or just the bartender there, for the drinks. :)
After drinking, we left the place.

I'm also thankful for boyfriend to fetch us home. Haha..
I was kinda tipsy from drinking too fast.
By the way this bar has not GST or service charge which made the bill cheap!
We will patronize again. Haha..
And also other restaurants in Jalan Kayu. :)

No comments: