Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Sarang, Heartbeat of Seoul

Last Saturday, BF and I went to try out this Korean restaurant located at Ochard Central.
The restaurant is called Sarang, Heartbeat of Seoul which is at level 7.
We got the open-air seat outside due to fully reserved at the aircon seat.

By the way, I got the promotion at deals.com.sg and asked if BF wanna try it and so he went ahead and bought the deals.
It is a $30 dining voucher at half price so BF bought 2 vouchers to utilize it.

Anyway, for the 2 of us, we didn't ordered much because we only have 2 stomachs to fill the food. Haha..


Given starter which I only ate the peanuts and kimchi.
Not very flattering though and I thought starter with six different kind for but here's only three.


Tteokbokki
This was kinda spicy for us. LOL!
However, the rice cake i not bad as its chewy.


Korean Army Stew
There an interesting story behind this stew.
'After the Korean war, people mixed foods from army bases such as sausages, spam and baked beans with kimchi to make a stew. That's how the army stew came about!'
This army stew became one of my favourite and we requested for not so spicy.
I didn't like the noodle because I feel that it was overcooked as its not very Q.


Samgyetang or Ginseng Chicken
Whenever I step in any Korean restaurant, I would love to try their Ginseng Chicken so this one is what I ordered.
However, I was disappointed with it as the gluttonous rice inside the chicken was soft and gluey.
It taste weird for me.
However the soup was good and rich.

Overall, the food is not bad but for the price we paid I find its not really worthy.
I guess I still prefer Togi Korean restaurant at Chinatown. :)

Sarang 
181 Orchard Road
#07-01 Orchard Central
Singapore 238896
Tel: 6773 1322

No comments: