Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tim Ho Wan 添好運 @ Toa Payoh

Last Sunday, BF drove us to Toa Payoh for Dim Sum.
Finally got to try the said Michelin star Dim Sum restaurant Tim Ho Wan 添好運.

I've seen the queues at Plaza Singapura outlet, it was long enough to scare you.
I heard my friends queuing for 3hr before getting a table to eat. -_-"
Luckily when we were at Toa Payoh outlet, we wait for less than 10min before getting a table.



Jang Jang Jang Jang.. This the menu!
There have the 4 Heavenly Kings which said you have to try.
Out of the 4, we tried 2.




Said to be the signature dish - Baked Bun with BBQ pork ($4.50) which comes in three.
Actually, this is very new kind of dish because normally in dim sum store are steamed bun.
First taste was that the out crust of the bun is very sweet but I like the crispiness on the outside.
I have tried another one at Silver Garden Restaurant at ARC and prefer the baked bun there. Lol~


Pan Fried Carrot Cake ($4.50)
Texture is too soft, not to my preference..


Vermicelli Roll with Pork Bun ($5.50) aka Chee Cheong Fan


Beancurd Skin Roll with Shrimp ($5.50)
I love the fried beancurd that blend well with the shrimp.
But I must say that you better eat this while its hot. If not it will turn soggy and become oily.


Spring Roll with Egg White ($4.20)
I saw the name of this dishes which is quite unique and wanted to tried it.
Very crispy on the outside and the inside are egg white and veggie.

We also ordered the 2 usuals whenever we go for dim sum. I guess its also boyfriend fave dim sum.


Prawn Dumpling ($5.50) aka Har Gow


Pork Dumpling with Shrimp ($5.00) aka Siew Mai

Overall, I find the food okay except for some dishes which are never seen before to me.
This 7 dishes really filled our stomach to the max.
LOL~ sounds like we are not a big eater..

Tim Ho Wan 添好運 @ Toa Payoh
ERA Centre Toa Payoh
450 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
#02-02 Singapore 319394

No comments: