Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Summary of Bandung Trip 2015

Hello! I just got back from a short getaway in Bandung; Indonesia.
Just wanna write down a short summary of this trip.

Overall, the 4D3N trip was not bad.
Many first experiences during this trip like first time to Volcano area, horse riding, drank horse milk and ate many good food.
I've also learnt something in this trip and that is we just got to be grateful for what we had in Singapore.
Going to a lower class country, I see many people struggling for living and to make money for a living.
I saw a kid as young as 4 or 5 years old, selling tissue paper on the road side.
But what can they do? They need money for living.
I seriously don't know how much he can make a day but it is a dangerous job.
I also see many things that Singapore doesn't have. 
People in the lower class of Indonesia, still riding a horse wagon to travel from places to places.
My tour guide told us that he is happy being a Indonesian despite having a corrupted government.
However, why do Singaporean still feel unhappy when we have a better government?
Sometimes, I feel that Singaporean needs to go outside of their comfort zone, to explore the world, to feel others then you'll know how grateful you are.

By the way, the tour guide that took us around for the whole trip is knowledgeable and nice guy.
During the long car ride, he chatted a lot.
However, because BF and I are man of few words, so most of the time we just answered "okay", "um" or nod and it cuts off the conversation.
Well, we did try to talk so that the trip won't be a boring one.
Most probably, we are one of the boring couple that he has taken. LOL!

Anyhow, good experience in Bandung.
Probably the next time I go back would be just for food and shopping.
But in the long run, no plan for this yet, since we covered almost all of it already.
I'll blog more about it later on. :)

P/S: Email me if you want the contact for this tour guide for your trip. Recommended!

2 comments:

happy to hear fom you said...

DearMs Jing,
could you give me contact of Bandung guide?
thanks

thamowen@gmail.com

June said...

Hi there,

Are you able to share with us the guide's contact?

U can email us at aqishababy@yahoo.com.sg :)

Thanks ya
June